Welcome to the wonderful world of Celluloid

A common thread runs through culture and time, and that is the world's fascination with storytelling. For me, storytelling resonates most deeply in the form of cinema. So many components are brought together to create a narrative. Often, it is the individual components that carry the success of a film. If John Williams had not written the soundtrack for the Star Wars Trilogy, would Darth Vader seemed quite so ominous? Would we refuse the Godfather's offer if he was not played by Marlon Brando? There are so many elements that make a film enthralling, and so many elements that can make it less than enthralling. Motion pictures have the power to entertain, educate, or indoctrinate. Because it holds such a strong power over us, I believe it is important to discuss cinema in all its forms.
I must admit that my own taste in film can at best be described as eclectic. I cannot often describe why I love a film, yet I know I love or hate it passionately. I relish the fact that filmgoers, are as diverse as the movie world itself. With that being said, this site will hopefully be a place to agree, disagree, or agree to disagree regarding the celluloid world.

0 comments: